Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Smashed shadows...a thing of the past!


Have you ever been doing your make up  and next thing you know your eye shadow or powder foundation has fallen to the ground and shattered? You panic and begin furiously scooping as much as you can back into the container hoping it would magically mend its self so you won't have to throw it away but inevitably you always do...well ladies, those days are now over :) Thanks to a savvy pinner we can all rejoice in this super easy diy for smashed shadows. All you do is add a little bit of rubbing alcohol (or in my case pure acetone nail polish remover...its all I had!) to the shards of shadow, give it a little stir with a toothpick and let dry! The alcohol evaporates after a few minutes and leaves behind your perfect pallet! Its that easy! Just watch :)

Take your poor little shadow victim  (you can smash the pieces even more like I did to make it a little easier to "melt.")




Then add a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol (or pure acetone nail polish remover) and stir around until everything is all "dissolved" and smooth. 








After you have mixed everything and its is good and smooth you simply wait about an hour for everything to dry and VOILA! You have your favorite shadows and foundations back to normal! I know...this totally changed my life too!!! :)




All in all this was a SUPER easy pin to do and it was free so I definitely give it 5/5 Pin points


 Let me know what you think! And if you have any requests or suggestions drop me a line in the comments section below thanks guys! <3




2 comments:

  1. So does the acetone irritate the skin? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! Personally I haven't noticed anything out of the usual since I rescued my favorite shadows!

      Delete