Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mason jar make over Part One




I have been dying to do this project since my earliest days of Pinterest (along with several million other mason jar DIY's that you will most likely be reading about in the posts to come) and this project was probably the easiest and most instantly gratifying DIY I have ever done. When finished these cute and colorful mason jars add a fresh pop of brightness to any room as a vase or container or any sort.




I started with two of my dozens of mason jars, squirted a big glob of regular craft paint into the  bottom of the jar and slowly turned it upside down to let the paint cover the whole jar. 






When it finally covered the jar, I found myself in a small predicament once I put the jars top down to drain the excess paint: so much paint dripped out that it prevented air from getting into the jar and kept it from drying. So I came up with a solution! I took some craft wire I had in my garage, bent it into a zigzag, and put the jars on the wire so that air could get in.




Because I used so much paint these jars ended up taking two full days to dry but once they did finally dry they turned out so pretty! They have made such a fun little showpiece in my house that I will probably make several more just to have around.



  
I give it 4/5 Pinpoints. This project was definitely worth my time, money, and effort. 

I definitely think you should give this project a try! Make sure you let me khow how it goes in the comments section below :)



1 comment: